There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
There’s more to being a successful entrepreneur than starting new business ventures. It takes determination, grit, and a positive attitude. While extremely rewarding, feelings of exhaustion or disappointment can take their toll on your optimism. Fortunately, a self-help tool like affirmations for entrepreneurs can offer a positive outlook, motivation, and support throughout your entrepreneurial journey.
Why Affirmations Are Important for Entrepreneurs
As you know, every day is different when you’re your own boss. Some days are not as glamorous as people may think. You wear many different hats, and the business’s success depends solely on you.
At times you may feel like your life revolves around your business, leaving little time for you or your family and friends. Though you love what you do, the effects of entrepreneurial life can cause mental and physical stress. Positive affirmations can help you manage the trials and tribulations of being a boss.
So, what are positive affirmations, and how can they benefit you?
Affirmations are short, encouraging statements that assert the truth or reality of something. They’re used as a tool to influence the conscious and subconscious mind, using positive thoughts that support you in achieving your business goals. In addition, they’ll help you to manage stress and feel confident in yourself.
Other benefits include:
- Encouraging you to remain positive and confident about your business’s direction
- Helping to stay motivated and to keep moving forward
- Pushing you to realize your business goals
- Managing feelings of doubt and uncertainty
- Replacing negative thoughts with positive ones to keep your attitude bright
As a business owner, you must keep negativity at bay. A successful business relies on your ability to mentally stay afloat, which requires a positive mindset. When you’re confident, friendly, optimistic, and happy, you’ll find it easier to connect with your employees, customers, and other business contacts.
How Do Affirmations Work?
The brain changes and adapts to each different situation in life. Though highly clever, it can’t always tell the difference between a true or false statement (reality and imagination).
When you consistently repeat and visualize your affirmations, it activates the same parts of your brain as experiencing them would. As a result, your brain will accept these statements as fact and eventually sync them with your reality.
Affirmations essentially work on the principle of “fake it ‘til you make it.” By convincing your brain that there is good in your life, you’ll eventually start to believe it. And with that confidence and positivity, nothing will stop you from making those dreams a reality.
To help you get started using affirmations for entrepreneurs, we’ve compiled a list of 55 examples to use in your daily life.
60 Affirmations for Entrepreneurs
- I am a powerful creator.
- I can focus my energy on what I’m good at.
- I breathe in confidence and breathe out doubt.
- This does not need to be perfect.
- I’m allowed to take things slowly.
- There are no wrong decisions.
- I attract people who help me meet my goals.
- My business is constantly growing.
- I am a natural leader.
- All challenges lead to growth.
- I make a lot of money and help a lot of people.
- I attract money through love and joy.
- I enjoy multiple streams of income.
- Every dollar I spend, I’ll get back multiplied.
- My business is thriving in every way.
- I will manifest my money goals this year.
- I can turn my expertise into income.
- I am grateful for the wealth I create.
- My business is overflowing with opportunities.
- I release my doubts and insecurities.
- Every day I am building a successful company.
- I am driven by passion and purpose.
- I started my business at precisely the right time.
- I invest in myself and my business every day.
- I know how to delegate responsibilities for the best efficiency.
- My work makes me feel happier and stronger each day.
- Money and wealth come to me effortlessly.
- Growth and success are inevitable outcomes of my work.
- The challenges in my business energize me.
- My natural path in life is to be an entrepreneur.
- I am worthy of financial security.
- I enjoy a great connection with my employees.
- I am successful and smart.
- My clients enjoy doing business with me.
- I always make time for my family and friends.
- My goals are constantly manifesting.
- I make money when I help others to make money.
- My energy attracts my ideal customers and clients.
- I am confident in my ability to create wealth.
- I want to be the greatest at what I do.
- I am creating a life I deserve to live.
- I see every setback as a chance to improve myself.
- I know it’s possible to make a living doing something I love.
- I will find a way to make everything work.
- I am only in competition with myself.
- I am creating generational wealth.
- I have the strength to endure all failures and successes.
- Every day I create fantastic business opportunities.
- I provide products and services that people need.
- I work intently towards reaching my goals.
- I love having an optimistic outlook.
- I am grateful for the wealth earned with my business.
- My business plan is perfect.
- I am capable of running my business.
- I am the CEO of the best enterprise in the world.
- I am great at finding solutions.
- My employees look up to me for guidance.
- I enjoy interacting with my clients.
- I always accomplish my goals on time.
- I work when I want, where I want, and with the people, I want to work with.
How to Use Affirmations for Entrepreneurs
Affirmations can be used in a variety of ways. Recited in your head, aloud, written, sung, or shouted. Use any tactic that works for you. For them to be truly effective, you’ll need to repeat them daily.
Here are some ideas for how to integrate them into your day:
- Go through them first thing in the morning. This is the best time, as your mind is at its freshest. It also sets a positive tone for the day. To turn this into a habit, connect it to something you already do every morning. For example, you can say the affirmations when you’re making breakfast or during your shower.
- Write them on separate post-it notes and stick them around the house. Mirrors are a great place.
- Add them to your day planner or journal.
- Set up an affirmation reminder on your phone or calendar.
- Set them as your screensaver or make them your background image.
Anything you look at regularly can be a good reminder, and any private time can be a good moment to pause and do your affirmations.
How to Write Your Affirmations
Our examples of affirmations for entrepreneurs are a great place to start, and you’re bound to find a few that resonate with your experience. However, when your statements are customized to your own specific negative beliefs and challenges, your practice will be much more effective for getting the results you want.
For this reason, you should try writing some of your own. Here are some tips on how:
- Identify a negative belief you have and write a positive statement to contradict it. For example, you may feel like your employees dislike you. A positive statement to counteract that thought could be, “I am a great leader, and my employees enjoy working for me.”
- Avoid words like “won’t,” “can’t,” “not,” “don’t,” “doesn’t,” etc., to make sure they’re as positive as possible.
- Write them in the present tense to affirm that the statement is true right now. For example, “I constantly attract money and wealth,” instead of “I will attract money and wealth.”
- Start your statements with “I,” “My,” or your name. As the statement is about you, it will be more effective when it starts with you.
- Keep them confident and short so that they’re easier to remember.
- Don’t start them with “I need” or “I want.” The key is to speak as though the statement is already true. Affirm that you’re grateful for what is.
- Include emotion. Say how you feel about something, like “I am excited to be working with (client’s name).” The client could be one that you’re hoping to get a contract with.
Final Thoughts on Affirmations for Entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurs have a strong inner drive that pushes them to succeed. Affirmations stoke this fire and keep it burning in times of doubt and negativity. By repeating positive statements that you genuinely believe in daily, your subconscious mind will believe them too. It will work with your conscious mind and allow you to make them your reality.
For more information on affirmations, read our 6 ways to use affirmations effectively to change your life article.